The Herald
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Herald

News coverage you can trust in Lighthouse Lakes!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Friday, March 14th, 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Friday, March 14th, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Friday, March 14th, 2014   Friday, March 14th, 2014 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:08 am

The Herald
March 14, 2014

Welcome to The Herald!
Lighthouse Lakes, SL
Editor In Chief: Emily Hax

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEWS STORIES

POLICE CARS STOLEN AND WRECKED

Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen22
Lighthouse Lakes Police Department found themselves in busy mode on Monday, March 10th around 1pm SLT. LL Fire Chief, Steven Russell noticed two LLPD cars being driven around recklessly and then crashed into buildings downtown. “I noticed a wayward looking child running away from the scene. When I caught up to her, I asked her about the cars and she denied it.”  Says Chief Russell. LLPD Chief Aron Knight quickly reached the scene and began his investigation. “Well, this kind of behavior will not go unanswered, and I will be personally be canvassing the neighborhood and checking local surveillance cameras to see who is responsible. It is clear that as the populace grows, we are going to have to step up our police presence which will mean hiring more officers as well as keeping the community informed about what to look for.” Said Chief Knight.  The two vehicles were crashed into different buildings downtown. One located at Main Square and Central Avenue and the other a few feet down into the local Pub. No injuries were reported and Chief Knight assures the public the person responsible will be brought to justice. He also mentioned that should anyone be interested in joining the LL Police force, to please stop by the police station located downtown and pick up an application, which are posted in the front. For more information, please contact Police chief Aron Knight (KingsKnight Resident).

NEW SOCIAL DIRECTOR APPOINTED

Lighthouse Lakes has named a new social director to handle special events for the town.  Newspaper Editor, Emily Hax was given this title due to her extreme interest in the town and it’s activities. “I just want the residents and guests that come here to have fun and enjoy what this incredible town has to offer. There are such great people living here and the staff here can’t be beat ANYWHERE. So I’m honored to have this title and I hope I can make the people of Lighthouse Lakes proud!” stated Hax in an interview…with herself. Look for Social Event signs to be posted around the sim!

OCEANE BEAUTY SALON TO OPEN IN LIGHTHOUSE LAKES

Finally, a place where anyone can go relax and get all fixed up is available to Lighthouse Lakes. Oceane, a top-notch beauty salon will be opening its doors in the downtown area. Owner, Marlena Mactavish, hopes that Lighthouse Lakes residents will enjoy services provided which will include hair care, hair products, make-up, massages and tanning beds! The town is sure to be looking good soon! Stop by the new Oceane!

PRESCHOOL/DAYCARE/ADOPTION CENTER JOINS THE LL FAMILY

The Home for Little Wanderers has teamed up with Bootees & Briefcases to bring unbeatable family services to Lighthouse Lakes and SL. The facilities include adoption panels for children and parents looking to adopt as well as a daycare/preschool for our smallest residents. Owner, Kate Passareillo, hopes that parents will enroll their children for daytime schooling. Should there be “Little Wanderers” around town that need a place to stay, this wonderful place can house them as well. The school is also hiring teachers if anyone is interested. Please contact Kate Passariello (charleykate Resident) for more information!

NIFTY FIFTY DINER OPENS Its DOORS

Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen23
Ready to rock around the clock? Swing on by the new Nifty Fifty Diner for some fun 50’s tunes, décor and delicious food and drinks! Owner, Emily Hax, has brought a little blast from the past to Lighthouse Lakes. “I wanted this to be somewhere fun where people could come hang out, grab a burger and just have fun with their neighbors. I think this might give them another option in town!” The diner welcomed patrons on it’s Grand Opening night with a Sock Hop on Tuesday, March 11th and has already hired a star soda jerk to work behind the counter. Sixteen year old, Jase Hartle-Addams, became the Nifty’s first soda jerk on its second day open. Already, Jase as served and entertained patrons with his juggling and jokes. Should you be in the mood for a burger and fries, stop on by the Nifty Fifty!

SAY HELLO TO SWEET CHEEKS BAKERY

Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen15
Sweet Cheeks Bakery is open for business with a variety of treats and sweets available. Enjoy a selection of baked goods, flavored coffees, hot chocolates and teas. Table service is also available for those who wish to relax while enjoying Sweet Cheeks fine desserts and light food in downtown Lighthouse Lakes.

If you need some goodies for home, Sweet Cheeks offers pre-ordered pies and cupcakes. Spring is here and for those who are planning special events sit back relax and let Sweet Cheeks do the cooking for you. Our catering services offer several packages that would fit any budget. Contact Sweet Cheeks Manager Jae ÐeCoudreaux for details or visit us in town today!

LIGHTHOUSE LAKES IS EXPANDING

You might step out of your homes, walk around town and notice, we have a lot of new families moved in. Lighthouse Lakes IS expanding and becoming bigger and better! The Bay at Lighthouse Lakes has finally opened with new houses to rent. Contact Town Manager, Steve Passariello or Social Director/Town Manager, Emily Hax (emilyjacobson Resident) if you are interested.

Meet Your Town Management

It has been a crazy few weeks but Lighthouse Lakes is up and doing well! Thriving even! Businesses downtown are starting to acquire owners and people are slowly coming out of their homes. In case you aren’t sure, we wanted to introduce you to your Lighthouse Lakes Management Team.

Nita Salvaggio –Owner/Mayor
Steve Passariello – Town Manager
Kate Passariello – Town Manager/Realtor
Emily Hax – Town Manager/Social Director

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the Town Managers for help! We are here for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LIFE SECTION ANNOUNCEMENTS

Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen24
Gabe Mauer and Jade Glendale would like to announce a new member to their family! 3 year old Isabella has joined their family as well as our town of Lighthouse Lakes! Congratulations to this happy and growing family!

Mauer/Glendale
Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen16
Gabe Mauer and Jade Glendale announce their engagement! The couple is planning a wedding at a later date and are busy with their growing family and new pediatric medical center located downtown. Congrats to the busy and happy couple!

BIRTHS & BIRTHDAYS

Happy RL or SL Birthday wishes to the following:

No Birthdays this week

OBITUARIES

No deaths to report in Lighthouse Lakes. This makes us happy!

ADVICE COLUMN
DEAR ABBY: When I was in my early 20s, I had a baby boy I placed for adoption. I could barely take care of myself, let alone a newborn. The father wanted nothing to do with me or the baby, so I placed him with his relatives out of state, who adopted him. With counseling, I got my life back on track, finished college and got a good job. I am married now and have a family.
After 20 years, this child, "Fred," called me. We talked every night for a few weeks and I invited him here to live with me. BIG MISTAKE! Long story short, Fred is greedy, lazy and expects everyone to wait on him. He refuses to look for a job or go to school, and he expects me to pay all his expenses.
I called his adoptive family. They said when things don't go his way, Fred pouts and doesn't communicate until he needs money. They feel exactly as I do -- he should get a job or go to school.
Abby, my family loves Fred and welcomed him with open arms, but I feel detached from him. As soon as I learned I was pregnant, I began separating myself because I knew it would be difficult to let go. I do not regard Fred as a member of my family and have no maternal feelings for him. I'd be OK if I knew he was doing well -- from a distance. But I'd prefer not to maintain a relationship. I don't love this young man, and I don't know what to say when he says, "Love you, Mom."
Am I wrong to feel this way? Is there anyone else out there who feels as I do? My family is trying to guilt me into accepting him, but I can't. It's not because of his greedy behavior, although that's part of it. Have others had a similar experience? -- SINCERELY NOT HIS MOM

DEAR SINCERELY: I'm printing your letter because although many adoption reunions go well, not all of them do. If other birth mothers would like to share their experiences, I'm inviting them to do so.
However, I do have this to offer: Do NOT allow yourself to be trapped into doing anything with which you are not comfortable. Your feelings may be based on the circumstances surrounding Fred's birth. They may also result from your disappointment in his lack of character. While you will always be Fred's birth mother, you are NOT his "mom." That distinction belongs to the woman who raised him.

Lighthouse Lakes EATS

RECIPES OF THE WEEK
Each week, The Herald will print a fabulous recipe for all of its residents to try out in RL if they so choose. Enjoy this week's yummy treat!

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 pinch ground black pepper
8 slices bacon

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic.

Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, and then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.

Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.

Cookie Monster Dessert (MUST TRY!)

Ingredients
1 tube (16oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 block (8oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (12oz) whipped topping, thawed (divided use)
3 cups cold milk
1 box (4oz) instant chocolate pudding
1 box (4oz) instant vanilla pudding
mini chocolate chips for topping

Directions

Roll dough out on counter and let come to room temperature to soften
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
When dough is soft, spread into baking pan
Bake for about 14-16 minutes until golden brown
Allow to cool completely
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth
Add 1 ¾ cups of whipped topping and mix GENTLY
Once cookie base is cooled, spread on cream cheese mixture

In a bowl, combine chocolate and vanilla puddings with cold milk.

Mix together until smooth. Let is set for about 2 minutes.

Spread pudding mixture on top of cream cheese layer
Spread remaining whipped cream topping on top of pudding layer
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and keep dessert refrigerated until ready to eat!

Enjoy!

Have an announcement to share with Lighthouse Lakes? Need to have an event advertised here? Please contact Emily Hax (emilyjacobson) with your information via notecard.

Deadline for submissions is every Thursday. The Herald is posted on Fridays.

For more information, please contact the editor, Emily Hax (emilyjacobson)

ABOUT THE EDITOR
Friday, March 14th, 2014 Screen17
Emily Hax resides at The Bay at Lighthouse Lakes with her daughter Kaly. With family and friends nearby, she enjoys her writing, spending time with her family, riding her bike and eating cupcakes. Emily is also a town official in Lighthouse Lakes. Ms. Hax serves as Social Director, Town Manager and owns the Nifty Fifty Diner.
Back to top Go down
https://theherald.board-directory.net

Friday, March 14th, 2014
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Herald :: Your first category :: CLICK HERE FOR THE HERALD-
Jump to: