The Herald
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Herald

News coverage you can trust in Lighthouse Lakes!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Friday, March 7th, 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Friday, March 7th, 2014   Friday, March 7th, 2014 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:32 pm

The Herald
March 7, 2014

Welcome to The Herald!
Lighthouse Lakes, SL
Editor In Chief: Emily Hax

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEWS STORIES

VANDALISM IS AT ALL TIME HIGH

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen15
Lighthouse Lakes Residents are on edge as another string of vandalism attacks are reported in town. LL Resident, Elena Primswitch, noticed the vacant house next to her home was covered in what appeared to be brightly colored paint. “It’s probably just a bunch of kids but I still feel safe here in Lighthouse Lakes. If the Police Chief would quit sleeping in the office, maybe this wouldn’t happen.” Ms. Primswitch commented. Police are still hoping that citizens will report any and all crimes that are witnessed. An investigation is pending for this act as well as last week’s egg-ing of the Police Chief’s own home. LL Police are certain they will bring these wrong do-ers to justice soon.

LIGHTHOUSE LAKES FIRE DEPARTMENT GROWS

For sometime now, the building to be the Fire Department sat vacant and empty. Should you drive or walk by these days, they aren’t so vacant anymore. Fire Chief Stven Russell came onboard with the LL Fire Department and hopes to have a great crew behind him. Chief Russell has hired an Assistant Fire Chief, Dano Dean, as well as a Captain, Matt Gonzalez.  “ I am really looking forward to the LL Fire Department growing and expanding along with the town of Lighthouse Lakes. It is truly and honor to serve this wonderful town.” Said Russell. With nearly 40 years of Fire Fighting experience under his belt, Chief Russell is sure to know exactly what he is doing with fire safety. Should you see the Chief or any of his crew, be sure to stop by and thank them for their service to Lighthouse Lakes.

LIGHTHOUSE LAKES POLICE CHIEF SELECTED

Lighthouse Lakes has a new Police Chief and he is ready to serve and protect. Police Chief Aron Knight has been hard at work getting his police squad ready to patrol the streets.  With an impressive resume, Chief Knight is sure to do a great job. Should you see him patrolling the town, be sure to say hello!

FLASH MOB TAKES OVER DOWNTOWN STREETS

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen16
Downtown became quite the dance club on the morning of Thursday, March 6th when local residents began randomly dancing in the street with each other. "We were just celebrating the return of Fire Department Commissioner Tar Salvaggio!" said a local resident. Among the party animals were Mayor Nita Salvaggio, her daughter Lacey, Herald Editor, Emily Hax, and a few others from town. "It's just great that we can come over as a community and have fun with each other and enjoy the town together!" said another resident.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LIFE SECTION ANNOUNCEMENTS

LIGHTHOUSE MANAGER AND REALTOR WED

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen13
Charley-Hax/Passariello
Love is a many splendid thing and for Lighthouse Lakes Manager, Steve Passariello and Lighthouse Lakes Realtor, Kate Charley-Hax, their love was indeed splendid and was in the air the entire day of Saturday, March 1, 2014 when Steve and Kate exchanged vows in front of friends and family. The bride looked gorgeous in her fitted mermaid gown and the groom ever so handsome in his black suit with red touches. The bride’s father, Neuron Hax walked her down the aisle as her mother, Claira and grandmother, Daniella Riaxik sat in the front row watching Kate marry the man of her dreams. “It was a beautiful wedding, I am so blessed to have Kate as my older sister and to welcome Steve as my new brother in law” said Kate’s younger sister and Maid of Honor, Emily Hax. Kate’s wedding party included best girl pals, Araxie and Coco as well as Kate and Steve’s darling daughters, Mari and Satine as flowergirls. The couple are now Honeymooning in a private location for the week. Congrautlations to the happy Passariello couple!

SPECIAL OFFER TO RESIDENTS ANNOUNCED BY MAYOR SALVAGGIO!

Have you walked downtown and thought, gosh this store would be great here or wow I could really open a shop in this location but don't have the incentive or motivation? Well today you do! If you are a group member and are interested in a shop, contact me and you will get the shop 1L per prim!!  What!!? I know right! so get your vendors ready and get it going
- Mayor Salvaggio

Please contact Mayor Salvaggio should you be interested in this great group discount and let's keep our town growing!!

NOW OPEN!!! The NEW REZZING Photography studio located @ 3 Main Square.

REZZING Photography - The REZZolution Revolution
                                (NOW HIRING APPLY WITHIN)

Have you ever wanted to capture your most memorable moments in SL from weddings to even giving birth, Well Rezzing photography is here to meet your needs. Have a romantic dinner planned, maybe a family day at the beach! hire the professionals to get the job done right with high quality pictures at friendly economical prices. Get your picture taken and share the memories with everyone els. The team at REZZING strive to satisfy the client to the best of there ability.

(20% OFF for group members 30% OFF for returning customers!)

THE NEW LIGHTHOUSE LAKE AND HARBOR COMMUNITY

Lighthouse Estates is a community-based cozy, coastal town.. Featuring large middle/upper class homes, boathouses, large beach and harbor to sail and swim, a revamped downtown! (YES- we do still have a few RP positions available as well.).
Come home to your perfect home on the coast today ! See all we have to offer!!
NOW NEW SHOPS AVAILABLE.. come ask!

Available Properties as of 3-6-14 @ 10 PM SLT: 4 HOMES / 1 CONDO

199 BEACH STREET - 3 bedroom 1 bathroom

12 BREAKERS CRT - 4brd, 1 bath, large hillside home w/ water views - 1000 prims
(GREAT PROPERTY.. LOVELY HOUSE- walk to the beach!!)

2 NEW HOMES ADDED!!!!
179 Hillview Street - 4 Bedroom/ 2bathroom lovely home.

199 Hillview Street - 2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom and beautiful. Come see this cozy, breathtaking home!

CONDO AVAILABLE

4 MAIN STREET PLACE - cozy condo in downtown area... one left!

BIRTHS & BIRTHDAYS

Happy RL or SL Birthday wishes to the following:

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen14
Happy RL Birthday to Gabby Glendale, daughter of Gabriel Mauer and Jade Levine! Gabby celebrates her RL birthday on March 10th! Happy birthday from your family as well as everybody from Lighthouse Lakes!

OBITUARIES

No deaths to report in Lighthouse Lakes. This makes us happy!

ADVICE COLUMN

Dear Abby: My 13-year-old daughter, “Lizzie,” continues to talk to a 14-year-old boy who is very controlling and abusive to her. I made her stop talking to him, took away her cellphone privileges, and tried to show her how wrong he was for her.

After recently giving her the cellphone back, I learned last night that Lizzie has been talking to him and lying to me about it.

He sent her a text that if she didn’t answer his call within seven minutes, he was either going to shoot himself or cut himself. He included a picture of his arm with a knife held against it.

I’m scared for her safety, but she won’t listen to me because she “loves” him. When I called the boy’s mother about it, she became defensive and accused me of implying she was a bad mother. — Worried Mom In North Carolina

Dear Worried Mom: It’s time to have a nonconfrontational conversation with your daughter about the dynamics of emotional blackmail, because that’s exactly what she’s experiencing. Your daughter needs to realize that the boy appears to have serious emotional problems and as much as she may love him, she’s not equipped to help him or to prevent him from hurting himself if he really wants to. So if she really cares about him — and I have no doubt she does — she will end the relationship because it isn’t a healthy one for either of them.

Dear Abby: A friend of mine, “Cameron,” has a problem. It’s his second year in college, and he’s still a virgin. How can my friends and I help him, and how can he help himself? — His Bff in California

Dear Bff: You are well-meaning, but the person asking this question should be your friend Cameron. While the fact that he may be “unlaid” and “unavailable” bothers you and your friends, it’s possible that it doesn’t bother him.

He doesn’t need help losing his virginity

Lighthouse Lakes EATS

RECIPES OF THE WEEK
Each week, The Herald will print a fabulous recipe for all of its residents to try out in RL if they so choose. Enjoy this week's yummy treat!

Cheesey Bacon Chicken Breasts

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
4 slices bacon, cooked until nearly crisp
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until just cooked; don't brown. Place chicken on a lined cookie sheet.
Spread a little barbecue sauce, then a little mustard, evenly on top of each breast. Arrange a bacon slice on each breast, then cover all with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen17
Strawberry Short Cake

Ingredients
1 box white cake mix
Additional ingredients to make cake; egg whites, oil and water
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
½ cup powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping
1 container (13.5 oz.) premade strawberry glaze
3 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and cut to bite size)

Directions
Make your white cake according to package directions for a 9x13 baking dish

Allow the cake to cool and make the next layer.
In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
Plop in your thawed whipped topping and combing with cream cheese mixture.

Smooth over cooled white cake.  In a bowl, combing strawberry glaze and strawberries and spread this mixture on top of the cake. Slice and serve. This cake needs to be kept refrigerated. Enjoy!

Have an announcement to share with Lighthouse Lakes? Need to have an event advertised here? Please contact Emily Hax (emilyjacobson) with your information via notecard.

Deadline for submissions is every Thursday. The Herald is posted on Fridays.

For more information, please contact the editor, Emily Hax (emilyjacobson)

About The Editor
Friday, March 7th, 2014 Screen18

Emily Hax resides in Lighthouse Lakes with her daughter Kaly. With family and friends nearby, she enjoys her writing, spending time with her family, riding her bike and eating cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
https://theherald.board-directory.net

Friday, March 7th, 2014
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Herald :: Your first category :: CLICK HERE FOR THE HERALD-
Jump to: